I just created my first batch of home made ice cream and it came out perfect thanks to the Cuisinart ICE-21. This machine features a “freezer bowl” which eliminates the need for ice cubes. It also spins itself — no more hand churning! I used the Tovolo ice cream tub to store the ice cream to avoid dreaded ice crystals. The other tools I used were a hand held mixer and a silicone wire whisk.
Here’s the recipe from the booklet in the box:
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk
( I use Silk Cashew Milk)
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
1. Combine the peanut butter and sugar with a hand mixer til smooth.
2. Add milk, heavy cream and vanilla with a hand held mixer on low speed til smooth.
3. Cover the cream and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Turn machine on, pour the cream into the freezer bowl of the machine, and let it churn for 20 minutes.
5. Fold the Reese’s candy in and enjoy!
The finished product will be soft serve style. Store the remaining ice cream in an air tight container and let it freeze for two hours if you prefer a hard packed consistency.
Try experimenting with your favorite flavors and add-ins like candy or fresh fruit!
For best results, let the “freezer bowl” stay in the freezer overnight BEFORE making the ice cream. There is no need to add ice or salt, the bowl has a double lining filled with liquid between two inner lining that freezes to keep the cream cold as it spins atop the base of the machine.
The experience is fun! Give it a try!